Microblading is a tattooing procedure that fills in the eyebrow areas to make them look fuller. A hand tool is used to apply the colour pigment which looks like real hair strokes, the colour will fade over time so a top up after 6 weeks is necessary and touch ups, after, may be needed depending on how you want to maintain the desired look.
Microblading is NOT recommended for the following skin types.
How long your brows last all depends on your lifestyle and body. There are no guarantees, as everyone is different.
- Extremely oily skin / oily T-Zone
- Mature/Very delicate skin
- Visible redness near brows - broken blood vessels too close to skin surface will cause excessive bleeding affecting retention.
- Large pores
On the day we will talk through the colour of your brows, shades vary from fair to dark depending on what will suit you and look best.
How long will the treatment take?
Allow 2 hours 30 minutes for the treatment, that will include reading and completing your consultation form as well as the treatment itself. If you consent, photos will be taken throught the process.
Pre Treatment Preparation
- No caffeine, alcohol or drugs 48 hours before the procedure as it can cause excessive bleeding which can affect results.
- Must NOT have had Botox 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- No strenuous exercise 24 hours beforehand.
- Do NOT have your eyebrows tinted before your appointment
- You MUST notify is before your appointment if you are on any medication that affects your body's natural healing process.
- Must notify us beforehand if you are pregnant.
- If you have a thyroid condition, please let me know beforehand.
There are strict aftercare instructions which are in place for 14 days after the treatment. If you do not adhere to the instructions the end result may not be as desired.
- Do NOT wet your brows for the first 14 days, please cleanse and clean around them.
- Do NOT expose to direct Sunlight or Sunbeds.
- No Swimming, Sauna or Jacuzzi
- No laser or chemical peels within the first 10 weeks
- Do NOT pick, peel or scratch the micro pigment area to avoid scarring or removal of pigment, scabbing is NORMAL!
- No makeup to be applied directly to the brows during the healing process of 14 days.
- No increased sweating.
- Top up is essential 4-6 weeks after the initial treatment as colour is likely to fade by up to 40%
- Your brows will darken within the first 2 weeks whilst healing and then lighten again when fully healed - so don't panic! They can disappear completely and return days later too....crazy I know!
Some people may require a second 6 week top up, for example: side sleepers, bleeders, those with oily skin, poor aftercare or scab pickers. For this, there will be a £50 charge. Sunbed users or those who sunbathe regularly may find that they require a top up on a more regular basis.